January 17, 2018
The first Oracle Developer Podcast for 2018 brings together a panel of experts whose specialties cover a broad spectrum, including cloud computing, big data, security, open source, agile, domain driven design, Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture, Internet of Things, and more. The thread that connects these five people is that they are part of the small army of experts that will be presenting at the 2018 Jfokus Developers Conference. February 5-7, 2018 in Stockholm.
In this freewheeling discussion the panelists talk about the trends and technologies that have captured their interest, the work that consumes most of their time, and the issues that concern them as IT professionals. Then, to wrap things up, you'll get a quick preview of their respective sessions at Jfokus.
- Jesse Anderson: Data Engineer, Creative Engineer and Managing Director of Big Data Institute.
- Benjamin Cabé: IoT Program Manager and an Evangelist with the Eclipse Foundation.
- Kevlin Henney: Consultant, programmer, speaker, trainer, writer and owner of Curbralan.
- Siren Hofvander: Chief Security Officer with Min Doktor, a digital healthcare provider in Sweden.
- Dan Bergh Johnsson: Agile aficionado, Domain Driven Design enthusiast, and code quality craftsman with Omegapoint.
Click here for the complete program show notes, including additional content from the panelists.
December 20, 2017
Blockchain originally gained attention thanks to its connection to Bitcoin. But blockchain has emerged from under the crypto-currency’s shadow to become a powerful trend in enterprise IT -- and something that should be on every developer's radar. For this program we’ve assembled a panel of Blockchain experts to discuss the technology's impact, examine some use cases, and offer suggestions for developers who want to learn more in order to take advantage of the opportunities blockchain represents.
This program was recorded on Thursday November, 9, 2017.
Chief Product Officer, eProseed, Utrecht, NL
Tech Enablement Specialist/Speaker/Trainer/Course Developer, King Training Resources, Scottsdale, AZ
Robert van Mölken
Senior Integration / Cloud Specialist, AMIS, Utrecht, NL
SOA/Cloud Architect, Sysco AS, Oslo, NO
November 15, 2017
Forget the hype! Which technologies made a genuine difference in the work of software developers over the past year? For this podcast we gathered five highly respected developers in a tiny hotel room in San Francisco, tossed in a couple of microphones, and let the conversation happen.
The panelists for this podcast are busy, working developers with stellar reputations:
- Lonneke Dikmans, Chief Product Officer at eProseed. Utrecht, NL
- Lucas Jellema, Chief Technical Officer at AMIS Services. Rotterdam, NL
- Frank Munz, software architect and Cloud Evangelist at Munz and More. Munich, DE
- Pratik Patel, Chief Technical Officer at Triplingo and president of the Atlanta Java Users Group. Atlanta, US
- Chris Richardson, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Eventuate Incorporated. San Francisco, US
This wide-ranging conversation spans containers, microservices, PaaS, IoT, machine learning, and much, much more. Listen!
October 18, 2017
The previous podcast featured a discussion of chatbot development with a panel of developers who were part of a program that provided early access to the Oracle Intelligent Bots platform available within the Mobile Cloud Service. In this podcast we continue the discussion of chatbot development with an entirely new panel of developers who also had the opportunity to work with that same Intelligent Bots beta release.
- Oracle ACE Director Mia Urman is Chief Executive Officer of AuraPlayer Limited. She’s based in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- Peter Crew is Director at SDS Group, and Chief Technical Officer with MagiaCX Solutions, in Perth, Australia
- And Christoph Ruepprich is Infrastructure Senior Principal with Accenture Enkitec Group. He’s based in Dallas, TX
In this program Mia, Peter, and Christoph compare notes on the particular challenges that defined their chatbot development experiences, and discuss what they did to meet those challenges.
September 19, 2017
Chabot development comes with a unique set of requirements and considerations that may prove challenging to those making their first excursion into this new breed of services. This podcast features a panel of developers who have been there, done that, and are willing to talk about it.
August 15, 2017
Are Microservices and APIs Becoming SOA 2.0? Are monolithic applications an anti-pattern? Experts Chris Richardson, Luis Weir, Phil Wilkins, and Boris Scholl address these and other questions in this roundtable discussion.
July 18, 2017
Mark Heckler, Pratik Patel, Sean Phillips, Heather VanCura, and Johan Vos discuss how they got from their earliest coding experiments to stellar IT careers; Stephanie Xu shares a college student's perspective.
June 20, 2017
Maurice Naftalin discusses his Raspberry Pi-powered virtual doorman and what scares him about IoT devices; Sean Phillips explains how JavaFx will help astronauts navigate the far reaches of the solar system.
May 16, 2017
Microservices are hot, but is it the right approach for your project? A experts Chris Richardson, Adam Bien, Reza Rahman, and Karthik Gaekwad share insight on what goes into a successful microservices project in the real world.
April 11, 2017
The Cloud Integration conversation continues as Matt Wright and Arun Pareek share the technical details of the hackathon entry they built that combined 9 different PaaS cloud services into a mobile medical tracking solution.